Monday, December 31, 2018

Memories of 2018 - On the Silver Screen

Even though I love going to the movies, I wasn't expecting 2018 to become SUCH a wonderful year for experiencing films on the big screen. In 2018, I saw many of my all-time favorite classic films on a large screen, thanks to a growing trend for releasing films as two-day events, such as the Fathom Events national screenings of "Rebel Without a Cause," and film festivals in general, which allowed me to see many of the Hammer Horror treasures from the 1950s, '60s and '70s. 

Festivals also allowed me to view a Vincent Price movie I'd been waiting for decades to see in a cinema, "Pit and the Pendulum." Canadian special events brought back "The Wizard of Oz" (retrofitted for 3D) and Alfred Hitchcock's "Psycho." 


The new movies I saw were amazing too! "Bohemian Rhapsody," "Mary Poppins Returns," and the underrated "Welcome to Marwen" brought my movie-going year to a satisfying close. 

No comments:

Post a Comment